Good morning, Monday Motivators! If you ever encounter a Monday where you're feeling "less than best" (and we all do from time to time), it helps to rely upon a technique I call Positive Self-Talk.
It's fairly simple to do- which is why I'm amazed more people don't use it! Here's how it works:
First, you make a conscious choice to cut off negative thinking when it strikes. Negative thoughts happen to all of us. But it's how well we manage them that ultimately determines the degree to which we'll succeed in life.
Next, you intentionally replace the negativity with a positive thought- one you truly believe. This puts your mindset back on the right track so you remain even more productive, effective and satisfied in your job and personal life.
Here are some examples of Positive Self Talk. Keep these "thoughts" handy, and add a few of your own:
- "I can handle this situation."
- "I value excellence, not perfection."
- "I offer a unique perspective that's worth sharing."
- "I am capable of greatness- in character, ability, confidence and potential."
- "If other people can do this, so can I."
- "I can and will learn something from every piece of feedback I receive."
- "I am able to manage my thoughts and myself."
- "I can change my perspective any time I choose."
- "I am intelligent, worthwhile and strong."
- "My confidence makes the difference between success now or success later."
- "I can accomplish almost anything if I put my mind to it."
Note that the key is putting yourself first! The words "I" or "my" can be found in every sentence and above- as it should be when boosting confidence. Think of yourself like an engine that runs, not on gas, but on positive energy. The more good energy you feed yourself, the farther you'll go- making an even greater impact in the workplace and on your personal life.
Enjoy your week- one that's negativity-free and positive through and through!