posted on January 02, 2012
After more than 40 years of living in and with this profession, these are my wishes for every administrative professional, especially you. I hope you will pass this on to your peers so that we might light a fire that burns in all administrative professionals' hearts.
My wishes for you are that you...
- live your profession with inspiration, enthusiasm, energy, inquisitiveness, and passion.
- wake up every day with excitement about the work you do and the opportunities that lie ahead that day.
- will never settle for second best for yourself.
- always seek better, newer, more exciting ways of doing things.
- be proud of the profession you have chosen.
- be a life-long student of both your career and life.
- make time for family, friends, faith, and fun.
- shake yourself up every once and awhile and jump out of your comfort zone.
- take on a task or project that challenges your thinking.
- make something of the talents you have been given.
- always see the sunlight through the clouds.
- be blessed with a great boss who is a mentor at least once during your lifetime.
- get to ride on a corporate jet once.
- spread your enthusiasm to other admins.
- start an administrative team or lead a small group of admins once.
- be ecstatic about your successes when they occur!
- help this profession be elevated to one that is admired and sought after; truly viewed as a career of choice.
- you will realize whatever you learn from being an administrative professional can carry over to every aspect of your life.
I hope that 2012 will be one of your best years yet. What are your wishes for 2012? Please leave your comments here.
Joan Burge, founder and CEO, Office Dynamics
Dedicating 40+ years to the loving the administrative profession from both sides of the desk—and just getting started!